Ten international contenders will be participating at this year’s Philippine International Pyromusical Competition (PIPC). The annual event, which will be held at the SM City Clark in Angeles City, Pampanga, will run for six Saturday nights, from February 23 to March 30.
Fireworks manufacturers from Finland, Italy, Belgium, Portugal, Germany, France, China, Poland, United Kingdom, Canada, and Philippines will each exhibit their breathtaking fireworks performances in harmony with symphonies of sound in the background.
The schedule of their performances is as follows:
- February 23 – Platinum Fireworks Inc. (Philippines) and CBF Pyrotechnics (Belgium)
- March 2 – “Steffes-Ollig Feuerwerke” (Germany) and “Pirotecnia Minhota” (Portugal)
- March 9 – “Brezac Artifices” (France) and Oy Pyroman (Finland)
- March 16 – “Viviano S.R.L.” (Italy) and “Pyrotex Fireworx” (United Kingdom)
- March 23 – “Fireworks Spectaculars” (Canada) and Polaris Fireworks (China)
To also celebrate its decade-long tradition of exhibiting the best pyromusical performances in the Philippines, the PIPC has tapped Poland’s Surex Firma Rodzinna and the Philippines’ own Platinum Fireworks Inc. to cap off the six-night event on March 30. Amateur and professional photographers will also get to compete and showcase their best entries through the PIPC Photo Contest.
The PIPC is an annual tradition that brings foreign and Filipino families together for a night of lights, music, and magic. The event, usually held at the SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City, has been moved to Pampanga this year to give way to the ongoing Manila Bay cleanup.