At least four million new voters have registered for the upcoming 2022 national elections, the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) announced yesterday in a Facebook post.
“Medyo breaking news! Umakyat na sa 4 million ang first-time voters na nagparehistro! Tuloy lang sa pag-share ng magparehistroka.com sa mga kaibigan ninyong hindi pa rehistrado! Malalaman nila roon kung gaano kadali lang!” the post said.
The COMELEC also urged the public to sign up while they can as the voter registration deadline ends on September 30, which will not be extended. (Read: Your Ultimate Guide to the 2020 Voters’ Registration)
As of June, around 60 million voters have registered for the 2022 national elections. In a news report of Rappler, COMELEC Deputy Executive Director for Operations Teopisto Elnas Jr. said that the poll body already met its expectation of four million first-time voters for the May 9, 2022 vote.
Satellite registration booths
To make voter registration more accessible to the public, the COMELEC, in partnership with Robinsons Malls, set up registration booths at selected Robinsons Malls nationwide. However, take note that there will be limited slots due to mall hours and in compliance with strict health protocols.
“We are happy to announce that there are now 16 planned mall registration booths where applicants can enjoy a more accessible and convenient registration process,” COMELEC Spokesperson James Jimenez stated.
Application forms are available for free at the registration booths or can be downloaded at comelec.gov.ph, or accomplished online at irehistro.comelec.gov.ph. Registrants must bring at least one valid ID and their own ballpen. (Read: COMELEC Releases Guidelines for Voters’ Registration)
Here is the list of malls and their respective schedules:
- Robinsons Place Lipa: July 23-24, 30-31; August 6-7 and 13-17, time slot to be announced
- Robinsons Place Malolos: July 30-31, 10 AM to 5 PM
- Robinsons Place Santiago: July 30-31, 10 AM to 5 PM
- Robinsons Place Manila: August 21 and 28, 8 AM to 5 PM
- Robinsons Novaliches: August 20 and September 18, 8 AM to 5 PM
- Robinsons Place Ormoc: July 17 and 24, 10 AM to 3 PM
- Robinsons Galleria Cebu: September 27-30, 8 AM to 5 PM
- Robinsons Cybergate Cebu: September 1, 18, and 25, 10 AM to 5 PM
- Robinsons Place Dumaguete: July 17, 8 AM to 5 PM
- Robinsons Place Bacolod: August 20-21, 8 AM to 5 PM
- Robinsons Place Tagum: August 6-7, 10 AM to 6 PM
- Robinsons Place Iligan: September 1-15, 10 AM to 5 PM
- Robinsons Place Valencia: September 1-30, 9 AM to 5 PM
- Robinsons Place GenSan: September 20-24, 8AM to 5PM
Registrants must wear a face mask and face shield at all times, comply with the implemented health protocols, and fill out and bring the required documents such as valid IDs, registration form, and Coronavirus Self Declaration form. The forms can be downloaded at comelec.gov.ph. For the steps and other FAQs, you may also visit magparehistroka.com. (Read: Comelec Rolls Out Facebook Group to Answer Registration FAQs)