The community quarantine imposed in the country has forced many Filipinos to stay at home. Establishments—restaurants, malls, leisure parks—have been temporarily closed, and people’s movements are restricted to running essential errands such as picking up groceries and going to work.
Admittedly, the ongoing quarantine has caused more people to crave for the restaurant favorites that they can’t get at the moment. Luckily, some of our food establishments have adjusted to the drastic change brought about by the pandemic and has launched ready-to-cook food kits of their best-selling products. (Read: Bad Bird Releases ‘Umami Fried Chicken’ Kit for Customers at Home)
Here are three brands that have made available their food for the public to cook in their own homes.
Ineng’s Special BBQ
The restaurant known for its chicken inasal and chicken barbecue has made ready-to-cook frozen food packs of some of their Filipino-favorite products:
- Chicken inasal – P455 per pack
- Chicken barbecue – P455 per pack
- Liempo barbecue – P599 per pack
- Liempo lutong bahay – P655 per pack
- Smoked barbecue longganisa – P215 per pack
- Smoked BBQ longganisa – P215 per pack
- Smoked hamonada longganisa – P215 per pack
- Smoked garlic longganisa – P215 per pack
- Smoked sisig longganisa – P215 per pack
- Premium hamonada longganisa – P525 per pack
*Note: You may contact Ineng’s Special BBQ through their Facebook page to check the open branches or through their hotline (02) 8-7771227. GrabFood and FoodPanda may also deliver their products, depending on your location.
Known for their crispy sisig and watermelon sinigang, Manam is now making their dishes available to everyone through their ready-to-cook and ready-to-heat packs. The following products are available for delivery or pick-up:
- House crispy sisig – P1050 (good for 5-7 persons)
- Sinigang na beef short rib and watermelon – P465 (good for 2-3 persons)
- Lechon kawali – P545 (good for 4 persons)
- House-made tapa – P500 (good for 2-3 persons)
- Sugar-glazed corned beef – P500 (good for 3 persons)
- Beef salpicao – P620 (good for 3-4 persons)
- House blend patties – P550 (good for 4 persons)
*Note: Call the Mess Hall at 0945 146 4184 / 0919 084 5719 / (02) 8-8699284 to confirm availability and placing of orders. Keep in mind that Manam only operates from 10 AM to 5 PM daily, and will only accept orders until 4:50PM. Orders are available for pick-up or through food delivery apps.
One of the famous places to get delicious ramen in the Metro is Mendokoro Ramenba—and the long lines during the ‘old normal’ would prove it! Now, as we cannot fall in line and stay outside for long, this ramen place is bringing their food right to your homes through their ready-to-cook ramen kits and side dishes! Here are the products available:
- Take-home ramen kits
- Shio (salt-based taré) – P400
- Shoyu (soy sauce-based) – P430
- Super chashu (smokier version of shoyu) – P560
- TanTanMen (sesame paste-based) – P450
- Side dishes
- Frozen gyoza (12 pieces) – P500
- Karaage (marinated boneless chicken, 5 pieces) – P280
- Chahan (Japanese style fried rice) – P300
- Extra chashu (roasted pork belly, 3 pieces) – P220
*Note: Mendokoro Ramenba also has beverages such as Hitachino Nest beer and Sola available. Orders must be placed one day in advance and pick-up is at their Makati branch at V Corporate Center, Salcedo Village, Soliman, Makati City. Cut-off of pick-ups the following day is at 3pm. You may call or text 0917 502 0894 / 0917 626 3731 / (02) 8-4789625 for orders.