Outstanding Parish Priest Awards
The Outstanding Parish Priest Awards is an initiative of My Pope Philippines that aims to recognize clergymen who live by the values of Pope Francis, exhibit a profound love for their calling, and encourage others to pursue their individual vocations. The award will be given to parish priests from across the Philippines who use their position to empower their communities, encourage the youth to contribute greatly to church initiatives, and promote a culture of collaboration among parishioners.
Criteria for Nomination
For a parish priest to be successfully nominated, he must satisfy the following criteria:
- He has served in at least three (3) parishes and is seated for at least three (3) years in his current parish;
- He has established or organized a youth program that is sustainable and replicable in other parishes of the same category or level;
- He champions the values that Pope Francis advocates for by doing the following:
- living a simple and sustainable lifestyle,
- promoting equality and diversity among communities,
- advocating for charity work and care for the poor, and
- taking a firm stand on social issues;
- He works collaboratively with lay persons as a sign of his commitment to empowering church communities;
- He fosters a culture of collaboration among parishioners, organizations, and other parishes;
- He provides pastoral care for parishioners in times of sickness, death, or any personal crisis; and
- He exercises a strong sense of collegiality with his bishop and fellow members of the presbyterium.
- A parish priest may be nominated by any parishioner of legal age, provided the said priest meets the aforementioned criteria.
- Nominations will be submitted through a Google form that will require the following information:
- Name, contact details, and diocese of the nominated parish priest
- Name, age, and contact details of the person nominating the priest
- A short explanation as to why the priest is being nominated (achievements, other awards, etc.)
- Nominations will close on November 30, Monday, at 5 PM.
- The first round of deliberation process will be done by the My Pope Philippines team right after the call for nominations ends.
- The top 25 nominees will be announced on December 21, Monday, through the My Pope Philippines website and social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Once the top 25 parish priests have been selected, the My Pope Philippines team will interview each nominee to get to know more about them and their contributions to their respective parishes.
- After the interviews, the My Pope Philippines team will conduct a second round of deliberations to select the final set of awardees for the Outstanding Parish Priest Awards.
- The announcement for the parish priests who will receive the award will be made in January 2021.
The nomination form can be accessed through this link: Parish Priests Award. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message us on our Facebook page or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the latest updates on the Outstanding Parish Priests Award, follow My Pope Philippines on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.