With people trying their hand at cooking or reigniting their love for all things food, many food trends have taken over the food scene in recent months.
There’s the dalgona coffee which took the TikTok world, and eventually, the entire world, by storm for its twist on the regular coffee. (Read: Three DIY coffee drinks you can make aside from Dalgona) There’s also the sushi bake which is a deconstructed sushi with cheese on top, and the recent hit, the samgyupsal bake, which combines all samgyupsal fans’ favorites into one mouthwatering dish.
But now there’s a new food trend taking over: the cream cheese garlic bread that has recently risen to fame thanks to social media sites.
Cream Cheese Garlic Bread Recipe
Fans of Korean groups, dramas, and culture were quick to jump on this Korean food trend and many have sworn by it.
The cream cheese garlic bread features a cream cheese filling with garlic butter sauce on top—making for a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors. (Read: 3 Restaurants Where You Can Get the Famous Shawarma Bake)
And because of the hype with the cream cheese garlic bread, we decided to provide you a recipe so you could make one on your own!
For the garlic butter sauce:
- 70 g butter, melted
- 15 mL milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or garlic powder)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp parsley (optional)
- Bread crumbs (optional)
For the cream cheese filling:
- 125 g cream cheese
- 25 mL whipped cream (or double cream)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, double cream, and sugar. Mix until well-combined and has creamy texture. Put in a piping bag and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the garlic butter sauce until fully combined.
- Cut the buns into 6 or 8 equal parts (as you would a pizza). Make sure not to fully separate the slices.
- Pipe the cream cheese in between each slice and onto the middle.
- Coat the entire bread with the garlic butter sauce, making sure to cover the inside and bottom as well.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top if you like.
- Place in a pan and bake for 10-15 minutes (or until cooked) at 180˚C.
- Serve hot and enjoy!