For sure, everyone who’s anyone has tried their hand in the kitchen at least once during the quarantine. With the various quarantine food trends, aptly called #QuaranTrends, many have dabbled one way or another in cooking and baking.
It’s obvious that some of those who tried joining in on the quarantine food craze has also enjoyed doing it. This is most evident through the rising number of online food businesses that sell different types of food items.
One of the most popular #QuaranTrends that people are still making—and even creating other versions—are the baked sushi and shawarma bake that puts a twist on the already well-loved dishes. And now, another person on the video posting app TikTok has made his own version of the “bake” trend. (Read: 5 TikTok Accounts to Follow for Easy Recipes)
The user, going by the handle @wow.waz, created a “Jollibee bake” using the well-known ChickenJoy and Jollibee gravy. He added his own twist by adding cheese to the mix to add a bit more flavor to the already delicious mix.
Want to try making your own version of “Jollibee bake” at home? We’ve got the recipe!
- ChickenJoy with Rice, preferably breast or any meaty part)
- Jollibee gravy
- Cheese, preferably quickmelt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Canned corn kernels, optional
- Cut the ChickenJoy into strips and set aside.
- Cut the cheese into strips or cubes for easier mixing and melting. Set aside for later.
- In a pot, heat the oil and put the rice. Flatten the rice and wait for it to warm.
- Place the chicken strips on top of the rice and mix together. Make sure the pot isn’t too hot as the rice may burn.
- Add the cheese and mix once again.
- Pour the gravy and combine with the rice.
- Cover the pot with a lid and wait for the cheese to melt.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Before placing the rice on the pot, melt the butter and sauté the corn kernels.
- After sautéing, remove from the pan and set aside. Start cooking the rice.