When it comes to celebrating a special occasion, trust Mom to take charge of the kitchen and whip up a fabulous meal for the family.
This Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 12, trade places with the lady of the house and make her feel like a queen when you serve her homemade desserts as sweet as she is!
No baking experience or oven? No problem! These four easy-to-prepare treats—from cheesecake to, yes, even ice cream—from The Maya Kitchen only require basic ingredients and your willingness to try.
Mango Graham Mug Cake
- 1 pack Maya Happy Mug Caramel Mug Cake Mix
- 3 tablespoons mango juice/mango nectar
- Chopped fresh mango
- Crushed graham crackers
- Whipped cream, as needed
- 1. Mix Maya Happy Mug Cake with mango juice in a mug.
- 2. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from microwave, be careful, container will be hot.
- 3. Top with chopped fresh mango, crushed graham crackers, and whipped cream as desired. Serve immediately.
Yield: 1 serving
No-Bake Chocolate Hotcake Cheesecake
- 1 pack 200g Maya Chocolate Hotcake Mix, prepared and cooked
- according to package instructions
- 1 bar cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder, bloomed in 3 tablespoons water
- 1. Prepare a cake pan by lining it with aluminum foil. Cut cooked chocolate hotcakes the same size as the cake pan.
- 2. Prepare cream cheese filling. In a bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar. Slowly add the cream. Beat until well blended.
- 3. Place hotcake at the bottom of the prepared pan then pour enough cream cheese filling on top of the hotcake. Repeat this step to make layers, with a hotcake as the topmost layer.
- 4. Chill for a few hours to set.
- 5. Optional: coat the whole cheesecake with dark chocolate ganache.
Yield: 8-10 servings
Homemade Blueberry Lime Ice cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 piece lime zest
- 1 piece lime juice
- 1 cup blueberry filling/topping
- 1. In a bowl, whip whipped cream until it reaches its peak. Set aside.
- 2. Mix condensed milk, lime zest, and lime juice. Lightly fold in lime-milk mixture into the whipped cream, until well blended.
- 3. Add the blueberry filling/topping and lightly mix until it creates blueberry swirls.
- 4. Cover the bowl with Cling Wrap and freeze the ice cream at least 6 hours or overnight. Serve.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- 1 pack 200g Maya Oven Toaster Butter Cake Mix
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 pieces eggs
- ½ cup fresh milk
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1. Prepare two 6-hole 3oz. muffin tins.
- 2. In a bowl, mix together butter and peanut butter and beat until well blended and soft. Add in eggs and milk.
- 3. Blend mixture until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- 4. Fold into the batter mixture half of the strawberry jam then pour mixture into prepared muffin pans.
- 5. Divide the rest of the strawberry jam on top of the muffin and make a swirl.
- 6. Bake in the oven toaster for 12-15 minutes.
Yield: 8 to10 muffins