Broadcast giant ABS-CBN will be bringing back some of its popular shows after a dramatic cancellation due to the network’s closure.
ABS-CBN revealed on its website that starting June 13, several well-loved shows will return to TV via the Kapamilya Channel which will be available on Sky, Cablelink, G Sat, and most members of the Philippine Cable Television Association (PCTA) nationwide. (READ: Here’s where you can still access ABS-CBN content after the shutdown)
Furthermore, Cinemo, a channel available to ABS-CBN TV Plus users will also air the programs beginning on June 15. ABS-CBN assures that both cable and satellite TV channels that will carry the Kapamilya channel are owned and operated by other companies and are not covered by the cease and desist order issued by the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) to ABS-CBN.
Earlier this week, Coco Martin announced that “Ang Probinsyano” will be returning to our TV screens. Aside from the long-running teleserye, ABS-CBN will also bring back “A Soldier’s” Heart” and “Love Thy Woman,” live variety shows “It’s Showtime” and “ASAP Natin ‘To,” morning talk show “Magandang Buhay,” reality singing contest “The Voice Teens,” and of primetime news program “TV Patrol.”
The network has also lined up new shows for everyone to catch in the Kapamilya channel. Angel Locsin will have her TV comeback as host of “Iba ‘Yan” every Sunday; while Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo will do the same on “Paano Kita Mapasasalamatan” every Saturday. The K-drama series “The World of a Married Couple” will also air on the channel.
As of writing, the Senate is still hearing on the appeal of ABS-CBN for franchise renewal. In a May 21 interview, Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano said that the House “should be ready to decide” on the grant of a fresh 25-year franchise to ABS-CBN in August. (READ: CBCP decries ABS-CBN shutdown, says Filipinos need reliable news sources )